Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Snow is Melting!

Winter is winding down and I'm so happy!  This has been one of our worst winters in years, and it's been really hard to run.  This past week the temps have been above freezing, which means that the massive amount of snow we've gotten has all started melting.  School was cancelled and flood warnings were issued.  So naturally I figured it was a perfect time to go running!  I asked my oldest to be on babysitting duty and she pretty much thought I was crazy.  But the sun was shining, it was warm(ish) out so I went for it!


The puddles were crazy!  But I had fun splashing through them =)  Of course there was plenty of slush too!


I've been hearing a lot from people about running without headphones.  No music, no podcasts, no audiobooks...nothing.  They say it really changes your running experience, making you more in tune with your running and breathing.  So I figured I'd give it a shot.  With my headphones in my pocket, just in case ;)  It was actually pretty great!  I think I'll keep it up for my outdoor runs, but not for my treadmill runs.  I don't think I can run on a treadmill for an hour without some kind of distraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment