Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Long Run Woes

Tuesdays are my long run day.  Why?  Because I'm kid free that day!  I've gotta admit...it's a day I look forward to.  I can get my long run in, do some foam rolling, then spend the afternoon watching Gilmore Girls and catching up on laundry.  My current training plan focuses on time rather than distance, so my long run this week was 75 minutes.  I got ready, headed out the door, and made it to the corner of my street before seriously considering going home!  It was super cold and windy.  But I decided to stick it out, after all, I'd warm up a bit after a while.  It was brutal.  About 1 mile in it started snowing.  And not that pretty, fluffy snow.  It was half frozen snow pelting me in the face, not super enjoyable.  I'll tell you, my watch buzzing at me when it was time to turn around and head back?  Happiest point of the whole run.


All I could think about the whole way home was my electric blanket.  It's my BFF.  I managed to make it home, but that was seriously the hardest run I'd had in a while.  It was easily 2 min/mile slower that my normal pace so I was a bit discouraged.  But I got it done, I kept my heart rate in zone, and I got what I needed...so that's the important thing, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment