Wednesday, March 15, 2017

When it Rains, it Pours


After weeks and weeks of complaining about winter, and wishing spring would come...I think I got what I asked for.  Spring is here full force in the form of rain.  Lots of rain.  Constant rain.  Flooding the streets rain.  Careful of what you wish for, right?!  When my long run day came around, there was rain in the forecast, but not until later in the day so I thought there was a chance I would get home before it.  Nope.  I got about half a mile into my long run and it started pouring.  I had dressed accordingly, and it wasn't cold, so I figured I'd keep going for a while.  I could always come come and finish up on the treadmill if needed.  Well, two hours later I was cold and soaked.


My husband called my toward the end of my run, just to make sure I was ok.  I told him it wasn't too bad out, and I had stayed surprisingly dry.  Oh how wrong I was!  When I got home and changed I discovered every single item of clothing I had worn was soaked.  My hat was even dripping!  I guess it's just goes to show what decent running clothes can do...I didn't even realize I was so wet!  Although my socks?  Totally dry.  I love my Balega Blister Resists =) 
So, two hours of running, nonstop, in the rain kind of rocked.  It made me kind of pause and think "Hmm...I guess I am a real runner!"  You'd think at some point it would be easy to call myself a runner, but it's not.  This run, made it easy though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment