Friday, February 17, 2017

The Time I Nearly Got Attacked by Zombies



I didn't want to go on this run.  At all. I had arranged for childcare and was looking forward to my 60 min run in the sunshine.  Sadly, the weather missed the memo about sunshine and it ended up pouring rain instead!  Well, it was still in the 40's (warm for around here!) and I figured I might as well go.  A little rain never hurt anyone!
Well it was fabulous.  It was lightly raining, foggy and misty and it made everything look gorgeous.  There's a trail near my house that I usually run on , it's surrounded by trees on each side, but it looked a little too foggy for running, so I went the opposite direction where it's more prairie and farmland.



My phone photos don't do it justice!  I was cruising along nicely, at my slow and steady pace, when I started looking a little closer at my surroundings.  I was out in the middle of farmland, there was and old, rundown, abandoned barn and tons of fog.  Then the power lines started making a really loud buzzing sound!  I started thinking that it was feeling like a horror movie, and this was about the time everyone would be yelling "turn around!" at the stupid person on the screen who was about to get attacked by a zombie mob.  Well, I figured I'd listen, and I turned around and ran back the other way!  Because, really...who want's to get attacked by zombies?!


I spent the rest of my run circling around my neighborhood, and it actually turned out to be a great run!  My training plan called for an easy 60 minute run, keeping my heart rate under 140.  Which is harder than it sounds. I was actually able to run the whole thing, without needing to walk to get my heart rate down.  That's a huge milestone for me in this training plan!  I'm really excited to feel like I'm progressing out of the base building phase and into some more "real" training.  Which is kind of a stupid way of looking at it, because that base building is so pivotal to any kind of training!  Plus, you've gotta have a strong aerobic base if you want to survive the zombie apocalypse.  




No comments:

Post a Comment