Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Is it Spring Yet?


For realz.  I'm sure all you Instagram followers are tired of hearing me complaining about the snow, but it's been a really bad winter!  I did manage to get out there and run the other day, and it wasn't too bad.

The snow was almost gone, the sidewalks were pretty clear...it was great!  And then the snow returned.  So I've been using my treadmill for the last several runs, including my long run.  That's tough y'all.  Nearly two hours on a treadmill in the middle of my living room.  Usually I stream a little Netflix on my Kindle Fire which fits nicely onto my treadmill, but since I knew it was going to be a longer run, I set up a tv in front of my treadmill to watch some Gilmore Girls while I ran.



Which worked great...other than I could still see the giant mess all around me ;)  I recently finished up the final season of Gilmore Girls, and now I'm working my way through the Netflix original series. I haven't decided about it yet.  Some things are great, some things are not.  But it's good enough to keep me entertained through my long run!  My long run was great.  I ran about 1 hour and 50 minutes.  Without walking.  I was amazed!  I love my training plan more and more with each passing week.  I never could have done that in the past, primarily because in the past I was always running at a pace that I thought I "should" be running, rather than at a pace that was right for my level of fitness.  I'm still struggling with how slow I am, but I really do love the fact that I was able to run for two hours, then take my kids to a birthday party for three hours (no easy feat!), then come home and make dinner and get the kids to bed...all with plenty of energy.  In the past I'd always be dead the day of my long runs.  So I'm calling that a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment